Monday, November 5, 2012

Where your heart is

   Recently we got some news that postponed our homesteading plans. Where we thought we would be moving to our homestead this coming spring, due to this change, we now have to wait until June of 2014. That's 20 months away! Although I realize in many ways its for the best, I am so disappointed.
   Non the less I have set aside my disappointment the best I can and will make these 20 months a time of learning and preparation. I purchased a cheap notebook that I labeled "20 months in Florida" inside I have made three list. The must do list filled mainly with repairs that need to be done, the should do list filled with things that will make our life easier but can wait a little while and the want to do list filled with things we would like to see accomplished but are not priorities. I also will take another look at our debt reduction plan, the less debt we have the easier it will be to move to our homestead in a couple years. With Gods wonderful help, we are almost there down from twelve bills to just three! I can realistically see getting rid of two more of those before our move in 2014.
    I want to take proactive measures this year by taking charge of what we eat. We plan on enlarging our garden area and learning to preserve more of what we grow. My husband has been busy fishing to hopefully supplement our meat and we are also talking about purchasing a chest freezer and buying grass fed beef in large quantities.
   I will certainly be done with my studies in natural animal health by then and perhaps it will open income producing doors for jobs I can do from home.
  So, with plans in hand, we will just do the best we can to make our homestead right where we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment